mercredi 6 mars 2013

IPlug versions (32 and 64 bits)

Hi everyone, I apologies for not being very active. I finally decided to kick myself and port some of the amp sims to IPlug in order to ease the release of cross plateform versions of my plugins. I would like to thanks Oli Larkin for his enhanced version of Cockos' IPlug. You can get all the infos and download it from here. I have compiled 32 and 64 bits versions of VST for Windows and Mac as well as AudioUnit versions (32 and 64 bits) for Mac of HyBrit, LeGion, LeCto, LeXtac and Le456. The download links are on the right in "Amp sims pack" section. These have not been tested extensively so use them at your own risks and if you don't mind you can report bugs here. Apart from the MCJ channel of HyBrit, which has been changed a little bit, all the other sims should sound pretty much the same as the older versions.

57 commentaires:

  1. Thanks man for these plugins! I have used HyBrit and LeXTAC for all the distorted guitars in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZUkPYcHxOM
    Great tones, I love them!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hello, the new download link is on the "Amp sims pack" Section ????

    Thank You!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Could someone please explain in a step by step fashion and NOT in computer language on how to use this software.Download this, download that...it is all very confusing to a nooby; thanks in advance.

      Supprimer
  3. Yeah right there Paolo. I admit that it is not clear. I'll clarify it the message.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Thank you for the update! I downloaded your plugins at the same time as live 9 and couldn't try them out due to the 64-bit switch. I hope these will take the place of the late, great mda combo.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Thanks, sounds fantastic but Hybrit shows up as a 32-bit plugin in a 64-bit Logic. Everything else works fine.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Do you have thelatest version, march 7 2013 ? The preious version, march 6, was not showing in 64 bit AU.

      Supprimer
  6. Do you plan to port LeCab2 to a 64 bit version for Windows 7 and 64 bit hosts?

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. One more question - if you haven't or do not intend to create a version of LeCab2 that will run in a 64 bit environment (PC Windows), is there another program out there that you know of that will host guitar cabinet IRs? I can't find one. Many thanks for all your fine work.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Kazrog just release Recabinet 3.5 which enable to load third party IR and it's available for 64 bit windows system. It's not free but it's cheap about 20$ IIRC.

      Supprimer
    2. Thanks, I'll give it a try. I did try a previous 3.X version of Recabinet but didn't find it as convincing as an IR based emulator - I guess maybe that has changed, but they want $49, not $20 which seems a little steep when compared with other plugins that host short IRs. I also tried MixIR2 from Redwirez but I had a problem with panning the IRs. I kept getting a little bit of direct signal even though I had the dry control knob set to zero (minus infinity). Not sure what was going on there. I still think LeCab is the best and wish there were a 64 bit version.

      I discovered that Sonar's Perfect Space (intended for reverb IRs) will work for guitar cabs in Sonar X1 64 bit, but it will only host a single IR.

      Thanks again.

      Supprimer
    3. I use real tube amps and take a direct feed from an 8 ohm dummy load I put on the output of the tube power amp (I disconnect the speaker) and then use a PC for cabinet emulation and processing. When I was using XP 32bit LeCab2 was BY FAR the BEST cabinet IR host. No other plugin or program came close for hosting cabinet IRs. Now I have WIN 7 64bit and all these fancy virtual instruments and 64bit processing engines, but one of the most important plugins, if not THE most important - LeCab2 - is gone :(

      I would gladly pay $50 or more for a 64bit LeCab2. I have developed cabinet combinations that use 5 or 6 IRs that I can now never recreate after "upgrading". I feel like going back to WIN XP just so I can have my LeCab2 back. A I understand it even Recabinet will only host 2 IRs (or am I wrong?).

      Supprimer
  8. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. On all the plugins (64-bit & Sonar X2) the value of the knob (Gain,Input) don't return when switching channels so I have to turn the a little to "wake up" and refresh.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I upgraded to Sonar X2 and it's crashing all the time and has lots of bugs. They always fix them in patches but it takes time and for now only X1 is really usable for me. If you have no cabinet emulator and you don't need to host more than one IR I discovered that Perfect Space works very well for that.

      Supprimer
  10. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Hey! I updated to 64bit plugin mac version, but there are a couple of things changed, now when you switch from Ch1 to Ch2 or Ch3 at the same amplifier it does not save different settings for each channel they are all shared, is there any reason why you changed that?

    Btw those plugins are amazing, thanks for the hard work

    thanks!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. THXS MAN! REALLY! KILLER FU·$%$& TONES! lml, Thxs again for sharing your work. Cheers!

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I would be willing to donate time/money to see these released as AAX plugins for Pro Tools support! I'm a professional developer and have been playing guitar for almost 20 years, and these are by far the best sounding guitar plugins I've ever heard.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. SAME, PLEASE I WOULD PAY YOU.

      Im rinning PT11 on mac and getting guitar tones is the absolute hardest thing for me right now. NOTHING is available for this genre.

      Please consider AAX versions. I would be willing to pay you.

      :)

      Supprimer
  14. Extremly waiting for 64 bit LeCab plugin!!!
    Thank you!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. I am sharing a song file on file sharing website "dropbox" with a friend.

    when we open each others song files, the lepou amps settings are all set to zero.
    any suggestions?

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Have you tried Jbridge yet

    Using inter-process communication mechanisms, it aims to make it possible to run 32bit plugins in 64bit hosts, 64bit plugins in 32bit hosts, or even bridging 32bit plugins to 32bit hosts, allowing to overcome the memory limitations of a single 32bit process, in this last case.

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Just for comparison. I'm running a Duo Core 2 @3.2 with 6 gigs memory, Win7 x64 and Zoom G3 as interface.
    I have Recabinet 3 latest version.Using Presonus Studio One Recabinet with 2 impulses uses about 15-17% CPU.
    Now with same setup using Jbridge and using LeCab 2 and using 6!! impulses from ReCabinet Im only using 10% cpu.
    Should add Im using Zoom G3 amp models with cabs bypassed on both Recabinet and LeCab 2

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. i'm trying to register the win32 VST and i keep getting an error that says
    "the module was loaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found.
    make sure that '...' is a valid DLL or OSX file and then try again."
    what do I do?

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Im having problems with running your amp sims in stereo. Lecab2 runs fine in stereo, but when i put Lextac or any other lepou sim it sums my panned guitar tracks to mono. This is only happening with lepou amp sims, all other sims sum the tracks to stereo just fine.
    64 bit Logic Pro X.
    Do these plugins have some sort of bug in logic pro x? I updated to 64 bit...

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. its also should be noted im routing the output of 4 hard panned guitar tracks to a stereo bus. Works just fine in logic 9 but not logic x

      Supprimer
    2. I have the same issue. If you put the L and R channels both to left (or maybe right) it comes out as stereo.

      Supprimer
  20. Are you going to be making your awesome plugins AAX compatible?

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. I am comparing the last LE456 IPlug-based version and the previous v1_1b, and switched back to the latter. Seems that the IPlug version freezes Reaper frequently (I was not able to find a reproducible sequence, but should have something to do with switching channels). The channel switching has lost the memory of the separate settings for Clean/Crunch and LowGain/HiGain.

    Can you let LE456 pass MIDI events through in a new version? Would make life far easier for live controlling a whole setup :)

    Keep up the wonderful job!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I found that Reaper freezing is not caused by LE456; looks like a Reaper bug: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=127004

      Supprimer
  22. I found some more difference between the IPlug version and v1_1b.

    IPlug's input range is double than v1_1b's, ranging [0 - 2.0] whereas v1_1b's range is [0 - 1.0]. This seems only audible in the Clean/Crunch channel though, where I have to set the same reading of the Input parameter value (in the non-UI view) in order to have similar results (the knob in the UI view being very different thereof).

    Some difference can also be noted in the LowGain/HiGain channel: here, the Gain parameter seems to have a wider range in IPlug; it seems especially extended in the lower range, IPlug version is capable of lower gain settings than v1_1b - which in my opinion is better: in v1_1b, similar sounds are obtained by setting the Input knob at lower values than in IPlug.

    The overall sound anyway is not the same: even after setting comparable values, v1_1b sounds better; I would hazard to say that it has a better dynamic range, and it could be related to the input parameter range...

    Ciao!
    Fabrizio

    RépondreSupprimer
  23. Please bro make lecab2 x64 compatible.Option using 6 impulses at once and mix them is priceless.If needed I will pay for it,just make it please.

    Dado

    RépondreSupprimer
  24. heeey,

    i dont see the Amp sims pack anywhere in the link.
    help?

    grtz p

    RépondreSupprimer
  25. I would love to see an android or win standalone version of these great amp simulations!

    RépondreSupprimer
  26. What about SoloC ? :D

    Great job anyway, thank you very much

    RépondreSupprimer
  27. Argh the only probem is that they don't load previous versions presets :(

    RépondreSupprimer
  28. Thank you for the great sounding ampsims. There is a problem with your plugins in studio one 2.6, sometimes it crashes when opening plugin gui. Notice this problem with legion and le456. windows 7 x64. Can you, please, fix it?

    RépondreSupprimer
  29. Hey man, not sure if you're aware of this, but there seems to be an issue with Le456 where if you switch between "crunch" and "clean" a few times in section B, the input gets progressively softer. If you do this enough times (4-5) the amp will go completely silent. Otherwise the tone of these sims are top notch man, thank you so much for the time spent creating these plugins.

    RépondreSupprimer
  30. Check for more free VST plugins http://www.producerspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  31. ok i was directed to this site because i bought a new pc with windows 7 and now the software i was using with my line6 ux1 (gearbox) isnt compatible. any tutorials on how to use your plugins? total beginner here...kinda need the entire process explained to me.

    RépondreSupprimer
  32. Forex Affaris.. Latest Currency news updates, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

    RépondreSupprimer
  33. I've used your products for years and absolutely love them. In the last few years I've dedicated my time to iOS guitar amp sims. I worked for Positive Grid (JamUp & Bias) for years. I am now working in Auria (iPad) made by WaveMachineLabs. These plugins would be a welcome addition to the plugins available in Auria. It is virtually uncharted territory and I know thousands who would jump on this just on my word alone. I have a huge following in the iOS music production community and would love your input on this. This needs to happen! Hope to hear from you soon. I love the Solo C

    RépondreSupprimer
  34. Just wanted to offer my thanks to you for making such amazing work available to so many users. I donated what I could knowing full-well that your plugs are worth much, much more than what I could give.

    Your plugs rival, and in my opinion surpass, in quality the commercial amp sims out there. I own Amplitube and Metal Amp Room, and have demoed many others, but your Powerball model and my favorite, LeGion have come out number one for me.

    My chain is as follows:

    Noise Gate > LeGion > Metal Amp Room (Cab only) > EQ = Heaven

    Thanks again!

    RépondreSupprimer
  35. Hey ,all the links are dead and not working !!!!
    please help !!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yep same problem :(
      I also found them on www.vst4free.com

      Supprimer
  36. Could you upload the sim pack AU to another download site as dropbox complains of too much traffic. Thanks!

    RépondreSupprimer
  37. Same here. Can someone help? I'm looking for the 64bits versions.

    RépondreSupprimer
  38. I can't download 64 bits vst and all other stuff. Please re upload. Thanx.

    RépondreSupprimer
  39. Can we please get a link for download other than dropbox? Dropbox has disabled the links.

    RépondreSupprimer
  40. Guys, he is posting new GUIs soon.... That is why the links are dead.... Check out the images on google http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/johnstrat13/k21peq.jpg

    RépondreSupprimer
  41. Hey guys, so excited to try these out! Any clue on when the links will become active??

    RépondreSupprimer
  42. how do you actually use the plugins?

    RépondreSupprimer
  43. Does the LE456 run in cubase 5 (Win7)? If so, how do I do this? I've tried for about 2 hours now, downloading stuff, investigating the internet, reading forums. Didn't find any plain, brief information of how to get these dll files activated. At least a readme file would be very helpful...

    RépondreSupprimer